The OpenStudio development team hosted an OpenStudio Bootcamp in Golden, CO on July 18th and 19th. This was a two day workshop attended by software developers, researchers, and energy modelers. The focus of the bootcamp was on the OpenStudio development process, API functionality, scripting, and GUI creation. Below is a list of some of the topics discussed.
- Overview of OpenStudio architecture and project goals
- OpenStudio development/build process and dependencies
- Model and Workspace paradigms and usage
- Components and forward/reverse translation
- Scripting with Ruby and C# SWIG bindings and the RunManager
- Demo and code walkthrough of the OpenStudio SketchUp Plug-in
- Application examples including: perturbations, rule processing, and GUI building with PolicyAnalysisTool/SystemOutliner